Monday, August 23, 2010

NOT split frame



"At first view of this shot by Bill O’Malley it looks like we are looking at a split screen, but it’s only the lines, reflections, and light that play that visual trick. He photographed with a Nikon D100 and a Nikkor 24-120mm lens. Exposure at f/8 was 1⁄640 sec." All rights reserved, 2010. From Shutterbug Magazine, July 2010.

Dad gave showed me a magazine on lines and I found this beauty within. Plus some other incredible images, but this one was my favorite.



I'm also really into this eerie fog look and dad says he has some good filters to put on the camera he's letting me use (when I finish with the Pop Cam).

Reminiscent of...



Diane Arbus's "Disneyland." Looked extensively into her (and Robert Frank, etc.) in the Beat Literature class. I adore this fog look.

Ok, lastly, Diane Arbus:



"Flower Girl" by Arbus. Again, foggy awesomeness, 19th century-esque. Ahhh.

1 comment:

  1. These are all great, but I think Flower Girl is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete