Sunday, March 6, 2011

Away to Florida

6 Facts You May Not Know About Pompano Beach:

1) Pompano Beach was settled in 1900 and was incorporated as a city in 1947.
2) Its name is derived from the Florida pompano. A fish found off the coast of the Atlantic.
3) The city truly experienced a significant growth during the Florida land boom of the 1920s and in the latter part of the 20th century, experienced great population growth as many northerners made their way down south.
4) Pompano Beach has been listed as one of the top real estate markets. It has been featured in CNN, Money and the Wall Street Journal as one of the country’s top vacation markets.
5) Many notable residents are from the area including numerous professional athletes. A few notables are: Jerome and Stockar McDougle of the Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars, and Ronald “Bad Bad Leroy Brown” Daniels, a professional wrestler. Actor Kelsey Grammer is also a Pompano Beach native.
6) Pompano Beach airpark is home of the famous Goodyear Blimp, Spirit of Innovation.

From: http://www.plazaoceansideblog.com/2010/06/6-facts-about-pompano-beach-you-may-not-know%E2%80%A6/

I wasn't aware it was a fish. And now I know. The more you know *insert rainbow swish here*
I leave Tuesday, and I'm devastatingly pale. Ruh row.

No comments:

Post a Comment