Saturday, November 27, 2010
The Factory
Bob Dylan's screen test 1965 at Andy Warhol's Factory.
I, you just have to love how vulnerable and timid Dylan looks. He and my darling Steve Bays have this baby-face, adorable, puffy-cheeked something or rather that I adore entirely. When Dylan looks up at the end, what an angel.
Oh, it doesn't stop there...
I had gone to OSU with my contemporary novel class senior year of college to see The Warhol Exhibit at the Wexner Center and had tried to see as much as I could, but of course, with all the screen tests and wanting to watch Hinson play with the Silver Clouds, I obviously couldn't find everything I wanted. I remember asking something in the very beginning of the tour about Edie and the tour guide looked at me like, "oh!" and Hinson was like, "oh, you like Edie?" I felt like a shining star for a hot second because everyone else was just blank-faced :D Gold star, ta-da! SO, with that said, I knew about Dylan being at The Factory, I THINK I knew about Dali and Bowie having screen tests, but I just came across them on Youtube, which I'm ecstatic about because I didn't get a chance to see them when I saw the exhibit.
To watch on Youtube, type...
Dali: "Dali Screen Test" 0:27 seconds
Bowie: "David Bowie meets Andy Warhol" 0:12 seconds
and also,
Warhol on Allen Ginsberg: "Andy Warhol on Allen Ginsberg" 0:15 seconds
Andddd I just fell in love with the director of Factory Girl because he just described Sienna Miller as "ineffable"--ksadjaslkdjasd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment