Monday, November 1, 2010

Steampunk

Steampunk: is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s. Specifically, steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century and often Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them; in other words, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc.



Boots from a website that specializes in this fashion. There were a lot of things going on in my dreams last night, and these boots were one of the subjects, haaa.

Simple, plain shirt. But I dig.


They also sell lots of men's clothes, which have the look of Sherlock Holmes or a ringleader. I would love on any man who wore these get-ups.

Almost all the men's vests are super-swankilicious.

I also liked the Black Cherry Jacquard Vest, om num num.


This particular website also sells retro bathing suits (men and women), canes, mustaches, watches, suspenders, hats, &etc.
www.steampunkemporium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment