Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stuff 'n stuff

Just finished reading Alice in Wonderland for the first time--it's really funny. And you learn patience along with Alice because everything she endures, the reader is like, "whatttttt is, ERGHH," as well, and as she begins to endure all the nonsense, so do you. I admit I probably missed half of what was going on...happens.

What to read next. I recently FINALLY bought The Great Gatsby (embarrassing that I haven't read before, I know), so maybe? But I have like 51 other books on deck...aghhhh, decisions.

I had a few dreams the other night, all good (FINALLY; I've had really disconcerting dreams lately, which REALLY blows), but the only part of anything that I recall is that Bill and I were lying somewhere outside and I was holding his foot (shoe on, if that helps with that wondrous visual at all, haha).

Saw Cloud Cult yesterday because my friend Matt was having a going away get-together and wanted to see them: they were really fantastic. One of the members (sometimes it's another guy) paints throughout the entire show and then they auction it at the end. And then they had other visual stimuli in the form of a screen in back of the band, playing arbitrary visuals and their music videos to go along with the songs. Clayton introduced me to them YEARS ago, so it was nice to see them live. They have a lot a sad songs (2 of the members are married and lost their 2 year-old son a few years ago and write a lot about him), but they also have this little gem (probably my favorite of their songs):

Yup! :)

1 comment: