


When I was in LA, I had a meeting with a DPI graduate, and her boss (this super great, soft-spoken, hip, English-professory guy with Allen Ginsberg-y glasses) had these drawings in his office, along with a plethora of African items: he's an anthropologist and was apparently the first American to interact with this one tribe. Super awesome. Anyway, the last one was my favorite. He had about 6 or so, but this just gives a gist of what they're like.
Dave Eggers, if you're in the unawares, wrote the screenplays for Away We Go and Where the Wild Things are, as well as being an editor, publisher, and writer of fiction and non-fiction and more.
What I was left with from the hip boss was, "don't...see it. Don't. It's awful. So bad. If you didn't like the first one, oh, just don't do it. It's even worse: vulgar and horrible." -(he said all this in a gentle, intelligent tone: it was so genuine that I couldn't help but believe every word of this assessment) about The Hangover 2. And I have never believed I would do as I said more than when I responded, "OK, I won't."
No comments:
Post a Comment