
"More than 2500, inside and out. I made it into a darkroom in the back, and there’s a light-meter collection on the dashboard so when I’m driving and the light filters through the windshield, the needles are all moving. I have shutter buttons that control the cameras that work."
My dad showed me this article today in Car and Driver magazine about a man named Harrod Blank who put all these cameras on to a 1972 Dodge van.
"I put Polaroids on the bumper area. If they get broken, who cares? The driver side is a giant Kodak Instamatic that’s made up of Kodak Instamatics. The entire top is covered with 140 Super 8 cameras. I can put a working video camera there. The back has the oldest, dating to the early 1900s. The passenger side is a giant filmstrip made up of TV monitors, from which I can broadcast images I shoot, and I can also play my movie if I don’t get accepted in film festivals."
Also, he's made a film called "Automorphosis."
He said he hit a deer once and that the van was okay, but, "...the deer shape was carved out in the cameras. It took me two weeks to fix the damages." He's been doing this since 1993, so I understand that when he started, a lot of these cameras weren't as coveted, but now-a-days, I cringe a little bit and just want him to put protective covering over some of the older/more rare ones :X Ack hahaha.


No comments:
Post a Comment